I know there are many fancy cranberry jelly recipes out there. Here is my healthy, very versatile, sugar-free version. Later this week, I will post some recipes that include this jelly (the picture below is a hint). I think you may be pleasantly surprised.
This jelly keeps rather well in the fridge for quite a while. Since cranberries have anti-fungal properties, among other things, such a small amount does not require sealing.
Eat this jelly with peanut butter of just on plain bread. It is quite tart and therefore works with sweet as well as savory dishes.
Tools potato masher
- In a medium pot, mash the cranberries. Heat.
- Peel and grate apple and add to the cranberries making sure to add any of the juice that the apple released.
- Add the spices and carob molasses.
- Add a bit of water and let simmer until it becomes of a jelly-like consistency.
- Put into a clean (sterilized) jar and store in the fridge.
Number of servings: about 2-3 cups